Jeff Ashton Moore
Jeff’s more than 50-year involvement in equestrian sports spans a broad range of disciplines and competencies, from competitor and trainer/instructor/clinician to breeder, judge, and author. This varied background has provided a widely-rounded exposure to equestrian disciplines and systems.
- Has trained and shown 7 horses to Grand Prix
- Holds Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medals from the US Dressage Federation
- Long listed for the Olympics by the US Equestrian Team on King’s Praise,
Zhivago, and Rubinstein
- Competed in hunters, jumpers, 3-day event, driving, sport horse breeding,
quadrille & dressage, and vaulting
- Has taken more than 20 horses to grand prix with numerous students
- Has given clinics and judges’ forums in the USA, Canada, Dominican Republic, Germany, Denmark, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil, and The Netherland.
- Was the Executive Director of the Dutch Warmblood Studbook in North America
for 20 years
- Bred Grand Prix level Dutch Warmblood horses:
Lascar—sold to Europe to try out for the Beijing Olympics, shown by Joan Williams
Exakt—shown by Patty Mayer and by Kyra Kyrklund in Europe
Daedene—shown through Grand Prix by Kathy Everman
- Judge of Equitation, Hunters, Jumpers, and 3-day Event
- USEF Senior Dressage Judge
- USEF Sport Horse Breeding Judge
- USEF Vaulting Judge
- FEI Official International Vaulting Judge—5 World Championships and 2 World Equestrian Games
- With Elizabeth Searle, he conceived the USDF Learner Judge (L Education Program) and wrote the teaching guidelines
- Author of the “USDF Judge’s Handbook”, the “USDF Judges’ Checklist”, “USDF Glossary of Judging Terms” (adapted by the FEI), and several treatises on applying equestrian disciplines for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy, as well as contributions to veterinary publications.
As a developing rider, he was influenced and trained by international experts, including Col. Waldemar Seunig, Col. Alois Podhajsky, Col. Nybleaus, Count Herman Wrangel, Commandant G. van der Meersch, Maj. Anders Lindgren, and the Baron Hans von Blixen-Finecke.